Friday, August 07, 2009

Lily gets her ears pierced!!!





Well, I finally caved and let Lily get her ears pierced. She has been bugging me about since she could learn to talk. Every little girl she sees, the first thing she says is "Look mom, they have their ears pierced." So, thinking I was one step ahead of my then 3 year old daughter, I told her that if she stopped biting her fingernails and toenails, yes toenails, she could have her ears pierced. Well, little did I know how determined she was, she did stop because after a year of not clipping her nails she shows me some long talons needed of trimming. I did procrastinate for about 3-4 months thinking she will relapse or forget, NOT LILY. So I told her last minute today that we were going to do it. After explaining it will hurt,thinking she would reconsider was not a factor for her. She sat right up there, sat still,(wish she would do that at home) and let her shoot away. She didn't cry, at first, and after the lady was done, she said she could cry, and Lily didn't wait a second. It didn't last long, because she was pushing away the tears to look at herself. Such a brave little girl. I can't get her away from a mirror now.

1 comment:

Faye said...

I love it. Too cute.
We got both girls ears pierced about a month ago too. They did pretty good and they have been great with us cleaning them everyday. Alex was bugging me all the time for it and Abby was a victim of circumstance. (you can't do one and not the other in our house or you won't hear the end of it.) Can't wait to see you in October.